Monday, April 11, 2011

Strengths and Weaknesses -- April 12

With my strengths, I was a novice or an apprentice for most of the sections. I understand computers and how important they can be in teaching our students. Some of the ares that I feel I am close to "practitioner" would be: Use internet and email to communicate with others. I think I use email more than the average person, especially being in school and having to communicate with a lot of people, email makes it very easy. The areas that I had a pre-novice answer was: Use of video conferencing such as the Iowa Communications Network to communicate with others. I am aware that there are such things as video conferences, but I think i have never got into them, because they have never been an interest to me.

The first short course I would use it a podcast I found called "Technologies For Special Needs Students". In this, is talked about all the different types of technology that students with special needs can use, and how it can help them. I think that kids with special needs have always made me nervous because sometimes i feel like I wont know how to meet their needs.

My second resource I found to help me is called, "Show and Tell: Using Visual Thinking in the Classroom". This is an online work shop that teaches you about how important it is to use audio and video to help your students succeed. I want to use technology all the time in my classroom, but I think what makes it a weakness, is that it is scary. It is scary because I start to second guess myself on my technology skills. This is just another way that I am able to develop the ones I have, along with gaining others.

No comments:

Post a Comment