Monday, April 11, 2011

My Beliefs -- April 12

I believe that technology should play a huge part in how we teach the students of today. It is what they have grown up on, it is what they do when they come home from school and how the communicate to their friends and family. I have seen second grades at the school that I work at, with cell phones. That just goes to show you that kids are being introduced to technology younger and younger. My 2 year old has a play computer, which proves the previous point.

I believe that for some students, not all, technology is going to be the only way they may understand what they are being taught. I never think that technology should be taken out of the classroom and every child should have access to a computer and the internet. Not necessarily at their homes, because of some families financial situations, but they should always have access to one at school, for the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment