Monday, January 24, 2011

25 January -- Google Part 1

We are currently learning about all the extremely cool, free stuff that Google has to offer. The assignments we are performing are going and finding educational websites that we can use as teachers. We are summarizing them posting them for all of our fellow classmates to use.

Today, this means that I now know how utilize free tools that Google has to offer, to help me in my teaching. Whether it is making it easier or more interesting. We are doing this because it is so important to know about tools that make life, as a teacher, less stressful and less difficult. Just within this last week of learning how to use Google docs, I have used it daily. No joke, daily. To me, this technology is something that will ease my mind when trying to do anything from documents to spreadsheets. I guarantee that my colleagues find it a lot easier to communicate about assignments that are due. Now, we don’t have to meet up after class or after work and some random place to work on a paper together. Now we can do it through our own home computers!

To my future students, I believe that his technology will help them with their own assignments as well as projects. This new information has made me think of how I have wanted to rip my hair out, when using programs like Word, because now, I don’t have to worry about it changing formats and moving stuff around if I try to open that document from another computer. Assignments that I can give my students, and have them work together, outside of class would be something like a county or state project, where they can both contribute to it and do their own part, without having to be together. I will become a better student and colleague now, because I wont feel like an idiot when my Word document now looks different when I did it at my house. I will be more confident in my work. I am so glad that we were introduced to such a simple, but amazing program that has so many different tools and ideas to help us be better teachers and ease the stress of it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment